At the end of each year, I would post this meme in my LJ so I thought I’d transfer it to this blog from now on.
1. Was 2013 a good year for you?
On the whole, yes.
2. What was your favourite moment of the year?
Watching the sunrise from our balcony at the Samoset Resort in Maine. So peaceful and perfect.
3. What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Something quite recent, but not for public eyes.
4. What are your plans for 2014?
My little brother is getting married! We’re also planning on doing up a couple of rooms in our house, and I’ve got a couple of fun work conferences coming up too.
5. What countries did you visit?
Denmark and the USA – 6 states!
6. What date in 2013 will remain etched in your memory?
21st December – my 4th tattoo and 20th Patrick Wolf gig
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding my feet in my new job without my manager. I managed to keep things going until she came back so YAY ME!
8. What was your biggest failure?
Not winning at Foxwoods. I joke of course, but I can’t think of anything significant at the moment.
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
So last year I fell down the stairs and broke my butt. This year I… fell down the stairs and borked my ankle. Dearie me.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Society. I got feministy-ragey quite a lot. (This is the same answer as last year).
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our road trip. I was so incredibly nervous about it beforehand but it was probably the best holiday I’ve ever had.
14. What songs will always remind you of 2013?
Out of My League by Fitz and the Tantrums. This will forever remind me of dancing away (seated, with a bad ankle) in Boston to this song at their House of Blues gig.
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) Fatter or thinner? Same.
b) Happier or sadder? Same.
c) Richer or poorer? A bit more well off.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time with friends.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Hate reading certain blogs and websites. It’s such a waste of time and energy, and I only end up getting annoyed.
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it at my parents and my in-laws, as we do each year.
19. Did you fall in love in 2013?
With Beat Club, the support act for Fitz and the Tantrums in Boston. They’re so good.
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I try not to hate people.
22. What was/were the best books you read?
I’m thinking of doing a 2013 book post – I managed to read 69 this year (am aiming to get to 70 by the end of the 31st) but I the two that come to mind at the moment are Eleanor and Park and Allegiant
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
24. What did you want and get?
A new tattoo.
25. What did you want and not get?
Sounds terrible, but I can’t think at the moment.
26. What was your favourite film this year?
Before Midnight was utterly glorious. And for pure popcorn enjoyment – Catching Fire.
27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I had a three day birthday bonanza this year. Day 1 – Byron Burger and the Victoria and Albert Museum with Husband. Day 2 – Shopping in Swindon with my Mum. Day 3 – Shake Shack and Southbank with my BFF. All in all, a pretty good three days.
28. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Less bad things happening.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Still building up my dress collection, but I dress so boringly at work.
30. What kept you sane?
Family and friends.
31. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
Joe Manganiello probably.
32. Which political issue stirred you the most?
Male politicians deciding what’s best for women (same as last year!)
33. Who did you miss?
My friends. We’re all too far away from each other.
34. Did you treat somebody badly in 2013?
I hope not!
35. Did somebody treat you badly in 2013?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
When walking down stairs, look at the stairs instead of the hot dog in your hand.
37. What would you like to have in 2014 that you didn’t have in 2013?
A working kitchen.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My new niece!
39. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really do resolutions, but I suppose I do aim to be a better person. I hope I was.
There was a 40th question, but it got lost along the way.