2014 has come to a close, so it’s time for the traditional Q&A.
1. Was 2014 a good year for you?
I did some pretty awesome things this year. So, yes.
2. What was your favourite moment of the year?
Sitting in our amazing New York hotel room and photographing the rain – so atmospheric.
3. What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Sounds terrible but nothing springs to mind.
4. What are your plans for 2015?
I don’t have much planned – a trip to Wales in the spring, vague ideas about another holiday. Nothing hugely concrete.
6. What date in 2014 will remain etched in your memory?
16th August – my niece was born.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Walking twelve miles across the South West Coastal Path. I would not have been able to do this at the beginning of the year.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Failing to do a lot of the touristy things on our New York trip?
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Nothing – hurrah!
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Kasper, our beautiful Audi A1.
11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Trip to New York and the car. OOO, and my new kitchen. (Jesus, we’ve spent a lot this year).
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Trip to New York and the car! I was also really giddy to see Jenny Slate and Lena Dunham (separately) and CRAZY excited for the Veronica Mars Movie.
14. What songs will always remind you of 2014?
The Shins – So What Now. Seeing Wish I Was Here at the Kickstarter backer screening with a Zach Braff Q&A afterwards
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) Fatter or thinner? Same, but much fitter.
b) Happier or sadder? Same.
c) Richer or poorer? Same!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Walking. I only started midway through the year – I wish I started earlier.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it at my parents and my in-laws, as we do each year.
19. Did you fall in love in 2014?
With many actors – Jenny Slate, Jake Lacey, Bill Hader, Mads Mikkelsen, Pilou Asbæk, Sidse Babett Knudsen. And my new kitchen. And my new car.
20. What was your favourite TV show?
Hannibal blew my mind. The Mindy Project continued my adoration of Mindy Kaling. New Girl won me back. Borgen was stunningly written.
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hatred is such a waste of energy.
22. What was/were the best books you read?
I couldn’t possibly name one, so I’m doing a separate post for all my favourites.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
24. What did you want and get?
A lot of things.
25. What did you want and not get?
To go back to Maine.
26. What was your favourite film this year?
Boyhood and Obvious Child.
27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I am now firmly in my early-mid-thirties. I was treated to lunch at the Oxo Tower Brasserie followed by a screening of Boyhood in a teeny BFI screen. A blissful day.
28. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
The world not being utterly shit.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Dresses, cardigans, and quirky necklaces.
30. What kept you sane?
Husband and BFF – a classic combo.
31. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
32. Which political issue stirred you the most?
33. Who did you miss?
My friends. We’re all too far away from each other.
34. Did you treat somebody badly in 2014?
I sincerely hope not.
35. Did somebody treat you badly in 2014?
The woman in my local Starbucks – she’s always yelling at me.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
Just when you think a certain Government organisation is getting better, they can always get worse.
37. What would you like to have in 2015 that you didn’t have in 2014?
A less cluttered house.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My brother’s daughter!
39. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions, but I have kept blogging so that’s good.