Despite having another five days to tick off items from what we didn’t do in New York last March, we still have so much we didn’t do.
- Visit or even see the Statue of Liberty – still nope.
- Go to the New York Public Library – another big nope.
- Eat at Big Gay Ice Cream every day – probably not a good idea in a blizzard.
- Visit the original Shake Shack in Madison Square Park – ditto
Visit a book shop– Barnes and Noble will have to do
- Buy the hard copy of Divergent I need for my collection – Barnes and Noble didn’t have it!
Go below 9th Street– we went pretty much all the way to the bottom. Woo! Visit the Upper East Side– I can tick this off but only just.
- Go to Whole Foods – still no. Damnit.
- Go to Brooklyn, or see the Brooklyn Bridge – next time…
- Take the Staten Island Ferry – too cold!
- Ride in a taxi – no need!
Properly explore Central Park– I feel happy that we’ve done this.
- Go to the Guggenheim or the Met – We thought about going, but they were closed 😦
- Shop at Macy’s – ran out of time
- Tour the Lincoln Center – closed for blizzard 😦
- Visit the UN – Hmmm, kind of. Well, we went passed it.
I need to do more of the East Village next time. I want to see some greenery on the High Line. I want to see less of the tourist districts. I think we’re done with Midtown so I’ll need to research some hotels downtown, in Chelsea, or Tribeca. Admittedly, it’s probably going to be a while before we’re back in NY, but I thought that last time and 9 months later, back we went.
Day one – Let me know, when you want to leave this island
Day two – These streets will make you feel brand new
Day three – I get the news I need on the weather report
Day four – Let me hear your 50 words for snow
Day five – Leaving New York, never easy