I managed to contain myself for three whole weeks. I didn’t cheat, so 1st December was incredibly satisfying. I have been photographing my Liberty Beauty Advent Calendar as I open the drawers for my Instagram, but I thought I’d do a weekly-ish post about the contents.
- Day one – Liberty lavender and wild chamomile soap. It’s a beautiful gift to start with, and smells gorgeous. I don’t know if I can bring myself to open the packaging, so it might be one of those products that sits decoratively in my bathroom.
- Day two – Nars ‘Deep Throat’ blush. I had a MUA put Orgasm on me in Selfridges one time but she made me look awful, so I’ve been too frightened to try them again. Deep Throat is a peachy colour which I would never have gone for in a million years, but I actually really love it – I’ve been wearing it all week. Day two was a win! Not quite full size, but it’ll keep me going for a while.
- Day three – Aromatherapy Associates Renewing Rose Cleanser. Only a sample size, but that’s ok as I hate the scent of rose. I might see if I can try this, otherwise I’ll pass this on to my Mum. Sorry Aromatherapy Associates!
- Day four – Margaret Dabbs nourishing nail and cuticle serum. I’ve already started using this one. I hate cuticle oils as I can’t stand greasy hands, but this one has more of a creamy consistency. I’m happy with this one.
- Day five – a £25 voucher for Josh Wood Atelier Lab in Liberty. It’s cute little bauble keyring thing, but I don’t know if I’ll get to use it. It’s a very London-centric gift and it feels a little short-sighted of Liberty to put this in the calendar. Oh well.
- Day six – Kiehl’s Creme de Corps. A very iconic product, and a good little sample size to try. Husband loves kiehl’s, so he’s already try to steal this from me. I used it last night, and it’s a lovely cream – apparently, if I keep using this for 10 days, I will have “a skin texture heretofore unattainable”. Fancy that.
- Day seven – Trish McEvoy line refiner. A nice full size product here, something to plump up the lines on my face. Fortunately, my lovely pale skin is mostly line free so I won’t get get much use out of it – I might try it on my little frown line between my eyebrows but I think these kind of products are bullshit, so we’ll see.
The first week has been quite mixed, but that’s ok. I love subscription boxes and this is kind of like one of those, only I get a present every day so I’ll hopefully find some more unfamiliar brands to fall in love with.