I have opened the last drawer in my Liberty Beauty Advent Calendar. Boxing Day will be a very sad affair. This is what was in the last few days:
- Day twenty-two – Kai by Gaye Straza body lotion. Not a great deal to say about this. It’s another body lotion.
- Day twenty-three – Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser. I used this last night (I’m a rebel) and it smelt… really quite odd. Left my face feeling lovely though.
- Day twenty-four – Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 fragrance. This is a proper sized item – aluminium case and glass bottle. I think this is what was weighing the whole calendar down. It’s supposed to smell different on different people, but on me, it smells musky and woodsy. I used to work on a fragrance counter (because they dismantled my No7 counter and left me without a till). I’m by no means an expert, but it’s very expensive smelling.
- Day twenty-five – Diptyque Baies candle. Husband was quite annoyed that I got a day 25 in my calendar and he didn’t in his Lego Calendar. Obviously Diptyque are legendary in the candle world, but I haven’t ever tried them before (I’m more of a Yankee Candle girl) so I shall enjoy this one.
Overall, I LOVED the whole calendar. Discovering new brands, finding new products – if they sell this next year, I’ll definitely be buying again. That said, there were five cleansers and four body lotions (if my calculations are correct) so it did get kind of samey. There were no hair products, no facial moisturiser or toner or exfoliator – it needed a tad more variation. I think there needs to be a male version as well; I’m sure there are a lot of jealous men out there. I’m glad they didn’t include too many colour cosmetics as they can be a bit hit and miss, and they made good decisions on the ones they did. It was a really great selection of brands to include.
- Co Bigelow Rose Salve. I would happily sell Husband for more Co Bigelow products.
- NARS Deep Throat Blush. A colour I would never have looked at in store but looks fantastic on me.
- Malin + Goetz rum body wash. This is all gone already!
- Deborah Lippmann Call Me Irresponsible nail colour. Looks beautiful on my nails.
- Kiehl’s Crème du Corps. Iconic
Farewell advent calendar. You will be sorely missed. Although probably not by my brother who seemed irritated by my Instagram posts.
And now I’m off to enjoy Christmas. Hope y’all have a wonderful day!